Tuesday, November 14, 2017

In the Path of Receding Sunlight

The challenge of painting outdoor in winter afternoon is the swift change of light which demands a very quick and resolute response on the painter. Yesterday it was relatively warm when I stepped outside on my front yard to paint this rather big painting of 18 inches by 24 inches. However, it was close to 3 p.m already when I started and I could see how quickly the sun light had already started to recede with the cool shadow from our house encroaching . Although I have painted hundreds of paintings from our front yard over the years, I am still captivated by the interplay of light, colour and shadows especially at this time of the day and at this time of the year. I finished this painting in less than an hour before the light was far gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment