Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Landmarks of Columbus Indiana of the United States a collection of my plein air paintings from my two week trip to the most remarkable city



This collection of my plein air oil paintings was created from my two week trip to the most extraordinary city of Columbus Indianan USA where my brother Clyde Xi and sister Lynn Zhao and their families have called home for many years. Columbus is extraordinary with a very contemporary modern appearance but deeply rooted in tradition. My two week stay there gives me the opportunity to paint en plein air the city's extraordinary landmarks created by some of the world most famous architects such as I.M. Pei also well known for his Louvre Pyramid in Paris, and Eliel Saarinen also well known for his National Museum of Finland. Columbus is also extraordinary for it is the birthplace of Cummins, an American Fortune 500 corporation that designs, manufactures, and distributes engines , which also employs four members from my family. It is so exciting for me to paint up so close the creations by these extraordinary artists. I have left all these paintings to my brother who will find a proper occasion to auction them off to raise money for local community.























No comments:

Post a Comment