Friday, September 29, 2017

Grain Elevators in Inglis Manitoba A Monument to Prairie Agriculture

Finally after an hour and half drive through the most beautiful prairie landscapes , we stopped at the most famed Inglis grain elevators built between 1920 and 1925. They have been standing there for over four scores of years by the railway track like silent sentinels witnessing the rise and fall of the fortune of so many generations of prairie farmers. I had again so little time to spare at my final destination today as we have to return to Brandon in the afternoon. With the strong gust of wind, it was really a struggle to hold my hand steady to paint , and for a hour or so I had to hold steady my easel with my left hand against the strong wind while painting. However, the thrill of painting carried me through to a satisfying finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment